Top 5 Winter Warmers Made With Pure Australian Honey
But if you’re tempted to hit the snooze button or swipe through yet another Uber Eats meal then remember this – staying motivated this winter requires a change to only one thing: your mindset.
At WH HQ we encourage our readers to nourish their bodies in winter. We’ve heard a lot lately about the huge array of uses and properties for honey, whether it be for your skin or waistlines. Honey bees have been on the planet longer than humans and the healing properties of honey has been used by indigenous cultures for centuries.
1. Apple cider vinegar and honey has great nourishing properties and with all the winter comfort food we’re consuming, a daily routine to keep our insides happy is a big tick. Combine warm water, a teaspoon of Barnes Naturals apple cider vinegar, and Capilano Manuka honey to taste in a glass. Remember, the darker the honey, the stronger the flavour.
2. When winter is in full swing it’s important to know what we can do to keep a strong and balanced immune system. Consider a warm winter nourisher of honey, lemon, ginger and warm water. This daily concoction can not only help soothe sore throats but can also support the immune system through the antioxidants in ginger and vitamin C in lemons, whilst honey helps in both sweetening the tea as well as countering the spicy effects of the ginger.
3. On cold winter mornings there’s nothing nicer than starting your day with a warm brekky. Porridge may not seem like the most exciting choice on the planet but use your imagination to jazz up this humble breakfast staple by adding additional, seasonal ingredients which will make for a super tasty brekky. Try baking some apple the night before, then combine with a generous amount of honey, cinnamon and orange zest to top your porridge. Our cupboard staple is Capilano Honey, perfect for adding some sweetness to your daily concoction as its mild taste won’t overpower other flavours.
4. To keep on top of healthy eating and meal planning this winter, honey is a versatile agent and a healthier, natural way to satisfy your sweet tooth. A healthy honey mustard chicken stew makes a hearty, nutritious meal that can be easily packed frozen for other convenient meal times. Or, get creative with Tasmanian salmon, sesame seeds, Asian vegetables and crunchy snap peas for a simple, yet delicious meal idea. Check out Capilano Honey’s versatile Baked Salmon with Asian Greens.
5. While most of us in Australia cherish our summer Christmas, the concept of a brisk Christmas in July, complete with warming comfort food, does spark a fair amount of joy. This year invite some friends and family around, and give a baked honey ham recipe a go. Nothing says showstopper quite like a home cooked honey mustard glazed ham, and Capilano Honey’s Honey Mustard ham is a real crowd pleaser!
Brought to you by Capilano Honey. For more information please visit Capilano’s website. Capilano Honey is available at all leading supermarkets nationally.
Source: Read Full Article